With all of the hoopla surrounding the premiere of V tonight, one must wonder...are aliens the next vampires? Is the market already saturated with vampires? Are aliens the new hot sexy non-humans of TV and movies?
I remember the original V series from back in the 80s. It was on Friday nights and my dad and I would watch it after he came home from bowling. Somehow I think it was probably innapropriate television for someone as young as I was because it scared the bejeesus out of me. All I remember is lizard people eating live gerbils and huge spiders and some creepy lizard baby birth.
I remember that being way more realistic.
Somehow I don't think this creepiness will cut it. However, the special effects look way better than some of our favorite vamp *coughTwilightcough* movies. But let's do some side-by-side comparisons shall we?
- V has old people; Twilight not so much
- V has a priest; Holy water doesn't hurt vampires
- Everyone is so serious! And is just me or does Scott Wolf look constipated?
- Aliens who look human but are actually reptilian and possibly eat creepy stuff or vampires who drink human blood?
- Woman leader or male leader?
- Cleavage or chesticles?
- Human + alien or human + vampire?
- Matching outfits or matching intense stairs?
- Two words: Edward Pattinson
I think vamps have the edge, except in the bad guys category. Reptiles just creep me out. Even when the bad vamps killed Butt-crack Santa it was kinda hot. What are your thoughts?